Tubeless tyres are very popular these days because they are safe and long-lasting when compared to traditional tyres. The advantages of tubeless tyres are significant over tubed tyres in terms of engineering, safety and efficiency.
Advantages of Tubeless Tyres Over Tubed Tyres
- Better Cooling – In tubes tyres the compressed air gets heated and for cooling must be passed through the tube.
- Safety – The safety is always better in tubeless tyres because they do not burst like tuned tyres. This prevents accidents due to vehicle going off track or skidding.
- Better fuel efficiency – Since tubeless tyres are lighter, they provide better fuel efficiency.
- Cost Effective – The lack of tube presence will save cost on replacing or repairing it.
- Better balancing – Since air is filled in the tyre, it provide better maneuverability during turns and improves balancing.
Tubed or old tyres can have problems like low fuel efficiency due to heavier weight, instability, issues over safety. These problems can be overcome by using tubeless tyres. The use of tubeless tyres for scooters and bikes is recommended widely, because of risk of damage to the rider if the tubed tyre bursts or fails. Tubeless tyres must be implemented for all the other vehicles to prevent accidents due to loss of control.